3 November 2009, 01:12
Here comes a new release of NLarn. Get it from Sourceforge.
New in this version:
- Save your game and continue playing later.
- The town level is now static and has a lake and lots of trees. Buildings can now be recognized as such.
- Shops debit the player’s bank account for their services.
- It is now possible to save a memorial file for a deceased character. The obituary contains a list of vanquished creatures.
- Configuration file allows to preset autopickup and the like.
- Implemented a string input function.
- The caption in the get_count dialog can now be wrapped.
- Created a rpm spec file.
- Created an installer for Windows.
- More weapons and armour types. Raised weapon and armour prices.
- Monsters that can use weapons will use weapons – against you!
- Implemented taking things out of and putting things into containers.
- Added a chance of failure when casting a spell.
- Ability to display spell description in the spell selection dialog.
- Honour spell knowledge level when calculation spell damage/power.
- Added ability to examine any visible position. Enhanced the descriptions of a position.
- Monsters can use stairs or even enter the town to follow the player.
- Monsters can fall through trap doors and appear on the level below.
- Vastly lowered gem values.
- Re-enforce monsters on a map every now and then.
Bugs and features fixed in this version:
- Fixed stealth.
- Fixed a crash in the inventory dialog.
- A leprechaun who picked up a gem could cause a crash in the drawing code (this one took me hours to figure out. You got to love C!)
- A message is logged when no item has been discovered instead of showing an empty dialog box.
- Fixed a bug in auto-pickup code which would lead to a game freeze and 100% CPU usage.
- Fixed duplicate knowledge of spells.
- Move all Spheres of Destruction.
- Fixed the behavior of backspace key in the get_amount dialog.
- Fixed a game freeze when a fireball hit monsters.
- Books are used up upon successful learning.
- Corrected spell MP usage. Aborted spells no longer cost MPs.
- Corrected cloning of items with effects.
- When withdrawing large sums from the bank without being able to carry it the money was lost. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a hang at the end of the game.
- Fixed trap generation of traps: now trapdoors are generated, too.
- Nymphs can no longer steal cursed items that are equipped.
I played the game for a while and then I had an error. The window pop-up which sad “GLib-ERROR **: gmem.c:175: failed to allocate 16 bytes aborting…” I used Windows XP SP3.
Sorry if it is the wrong place for such a thing but I don’t know where to post a bug.
Never played Larn before. Maybe for a minute lately. But it looks good. I think it would be better if you changed a shortcut for opening chest from O to o.
I wish you good luck with project.
— widrox · 7. November 2009, 23:50 · #
Commenting is closed for this article.
« Released 0.4.1
Released 0.5.1 »